Monday, October 22, 2007

30 days to go!

So today has been a really slow day. I especially hate Mondays because when Dorian leaves to go to work, I feel those little separation anxiety butterflies in my stomach of waking up without him here. I watched TV to keep myself company until about 6 when I couldn't take anymore of the horrible early-morning talk shows and fell back asleep, to wake up again around 10. I ate some pancakes for breakfast in the morning, and then cleaned the room and finished doing other little chores around the house.

Later I decided to call the doctor's office to schedule an alternate appointment at a better time for Dorian. I asked them if I was going to get another ultrasound, because nobody had mentioned it, and a lot of soon-to-be mommies on the CafeMom site said they had had 2-3 ultrasounds by now. I guess everyone's doctor or clinic is different, because they told me that unless the doctor sees anything wrong, there is no need for another one, and insurance doesn't cover it. To this, I have to say "grr!!". We were both really looking forward to seeing the baby one more time before she is born. You would think that THIS would be the most critical time to get one...but who knows. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be able to talk to the doctor myself and see if she can let me have another one or "find a reason" to let me have another one...such as checking on her growth, etc.

Oh, and another thing...I have to take yet another blood test tomorrow. I think I also posted some "hate" about this on myspace, because I'm seriously sick of all the blood tests. This "routine" one is another glucose one to check for diabetes yet again. You would think that if I haven't developed diabetes or gestational diabetes by now, that I won't...but NOOOO, they just have to check again, and put another bruise on my arm!

So I'll put the "stats" up tomorrow when I know them about my weight, the baby's estimated weight & size, heart beats per min, etc. Only 30 more days to go until due date!!!

No comments: