Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Appointment Today!

So I had my doctor's appointment today at 2:30. I got there on time, and drank that horrible orange stuff that you have to drink after not eating for a while. Ugh..it always takes me a few minutes to drink the whole thing. Then they told me to come back to the lab after an hour as usual to draw blood. Great...bleh.

So then I went to get my blood pressure & weight taken. My weight was good and up at 141lbs, which is 22lbs total gained since the start of my pregnancy. When I went to get my blood pressure taken, everything seemed normal during the test, so I went to wait for the doctor.

When the doctor got into the room, I had a strep B test done, then she measured me, felt for where the baby's head and rest of her body was, and then took her heartbeat. Everything normal. However, near the end of the appointment, the doctor told me that my blood pressure was 145/83 which is high. This has never happened in my life, and seemed weird and suprised me, so they took it again and had me lay on my left side. This time it was much better at 121/73. The doctor told me to make sure I lay down on my left side a few times a day to keep it down just in case the reason my BP was up was not just because of nervousness.

The best part about taking my blood today was that my nurse this time was super nice. I SERIOUSLY think that when nurses/doctors talk to you and just poke you without saying anything that it's better. I was having a conversation, and before I knew it, it was over. Unlike the last time, where my nurse (a different one) was all like "ready?" and I flinched, and blood went in all directions, which made things hurt more, and just made everything harder. This time, I declare, was much better!

So everything was great, and I'm going back tomorrow for some kind of evaluation of my care or something like that, but not seeing the doctor. I'm so happy everything is going as well as it is.

The stats again in numeric form:
My weight 141lbs, up 22lbs from start of preggo.
My blood pressure= 121/73
Baby's heart beat = 136bpm
Fundal Height= 34cm (13.39in)
Baby Movement= good and normal.
EDD=11/22/07

In other news, I got back home, and after telling Dorian about my Dr.'s App., I logged onto MySpace, to find out that my friend had her baby! Candice had her little baby, a boy, named William on Thursday! Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear your story!!!

~Steph

No comments: