Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy (?) New Year.


A couple of quick updates:


We had a pretty quiet but good new year. People came over and watched TV. Bella went to sleep early. However, with the new year came quite a sudden blow. A few days after, Dorian's grandmother went into the hospital and is now in a coma. Family has been pouring in from all directions from Mexico, to Indiana, and other parts of California. I don't know every detail, but I know she went in because she had water in her lungs, and after an incident at the hospital had a whole bunch more problems. She is currently being run by machines, and I could never want that for anyone. Please pray for her, and Dorian's family.


I've been in to see her a few times, and tried not to cry, but have given in every time. She was, for a time, the only grandmother I could talk to, because my family back in Illinois has been angry at me since I came here. I can't believe that only a few days ago, she was in the kitchen talking to everyone. She has such good stories, and I hope to God that he will bring everyone here a miracle by letting her wake up.


Otherwise, the three of us have been good. Dorian's brothers have celebrated their 20th and 23rd birthdays (on the 8th and today, the 12th) and Bella has been a good girl. She got two new dresses from Dorian's cousin who came from Indiana, and they're so cute!


I also had my post-partum appointment a couple of days ago, and everything is going nicely for me. Apparently, I'm pretty well healed up since having Bella.


Above is a picture I think you'll enjoy. Hopefully it will bring light to the situation we are finding ourselves in with Abuelita.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thinking of you and your family in this challenging time, and wishing you a wonderful 2008.