Sunday, January 13, 2008

Two Months Old Today!


Today Bella has reached that great milestone of 2 months. Of course she doesn't realize it, but that means she has accomplished some very hard things to overcome. She is way ahead in her development, so I say she's going to be a very smart girl!


On December 30th she rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time. She now loves rolling, but for right now, it's only in that direction. Good thing too, or she'd be rolling all over! So for now all we have to do is make sure she's on her back, and she's not going anywhere. She is quite a strong baby though!


She also smiles every day now. And I think she knows how to do it herself now, because she responds to happiness with smiles...ESPECIALLY from her daddy. She LOVES to play with him. Bella already loves music and dancing with her daddy.


Eye tracking is what I would consider really good at this point. She automaticly follows people with her eyes, and can track side to side, as well as up and down. I love looking in the baby parenting books and reading about how they shouldnt be able to do that until about 3 months...but she already can. It makes me feel really good.


Today, on her 2 month birthday, Bella woke up exploring as usual. When I came to pick her up, she smiled at me, and started talking to me. I changed her and fed her before giving her a bath. There are still many family members here, and more coming all the time. Of course the circumstances are still horrible, but at least today will be a little brighter.


The news on Dorian's gramma is pretty much the same. I guess they've decided to let her go if nothing improves by tomorrow. So the family is pretty heartbroken and sad right now. Like I said in my last post, I'm trying to separate those sad feelings and only have them when I visit the hospital, because I don't want to be sad all the time.


Anyway, we plan to spend the rest of the day with family and think positive. Keep praying that Dorian's abuelita wakes up soon.

No comments: