Saturday, November 3, 2007

Catch up!

So I've been kind of "out of it" as far as the blogging goes, and I should have kept the updating going, but I've been a little more busy than I anticipated.

On Tuesday, I went to the doctor again. They took my weight, and I was suprised to find out that I had gained 5lbs in only one week! This is especially strange because I've been having trouble gaining the "normal" 5lbs/month. I figured, "Well, baby's finally catching up at the last minute!". However, next I took my blood pressure again, hoping it would be much better than last week. Boy was I wrong. It was a rediculous 151/93. So as soon as I went in to see the doctor, they had me lie down for another few minutes, and came in to take it again. I was definitely worried. When the 2nd time around came, it had gone all the way down to 116/73, which is normal, but a drastic difference. The doctor was not happy to see that I had gained so much weight in one week, and that my BP keeps changing. I was given an information sheet about Pregnancy Induced Hypertention (PIH), and I was told that I have to be on bedrest until Monday. I also had the unfortunate lab results coming back from the previous week telling me that I'm anemic now...so I have to take more iron...great. The baby sounded good though, so luckily none of this has effected her as far as we know. At my next appointment, I have to go in and see a different doctor, who will tell me that I may have to be induced if my blood pressure conditions do not improve.

As you can imagine, all of this had me pretty worried, since everything up until this point has been normal and great. The good thing is, that if I do get induced, the doctor says that labors with high blood pressure usually go fast...so I'm looking forward to getting it overwith.

So it's been fun doing nothing in bed this week. =(. Luckily Halloween was Wednesday, and I did go and hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. There were definitely some cute costumes! We had planned on carving a pumpkin, but unfortunately waited until the day of to buy one...and they were all ready out of the stores by the time we got there. Oh well, next year, we'll be more prepared!

The rest of the week has been pretty quiet. We're going to buy a travel system (and maybe more stuff depending on what the doc says) on Monday.

So my next update should be Monday, unless something happens on or before that! Hopefully my BP will go down, and everything's going to be great! Baby Bella may be here sooner than we think! =)

Baby Stats this week:
My weight = 146lbs. (Up 27lbs since beginning of preggo).
My blood pressure = Changing all the time. 151/93, then 116/73.
Baby's heart beat = 140bpm.
Fundal Height 36cm.
Baby Movement = good and normal.
EDD = 11/22/07....unless induced.

~Steph

No comments: