Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Way too much stuff....

We had a very nice Easter Sunday. I know I haven't posted pictures, but that's mainly because...(okay totally because) we didn't take any. Bella did have a pretty white Easter dress though. We went to a new church that is only 4yrs old for the morning. I liked it a lot, but I'm sorda skeptical on whether we will stay only due to the fact that they have a huge congregation already. It's an amazingly impressive building with everything that a church needs as far as I'm concerned...but I just don't see us adding much to them ourselves. It's great to go and learn, but I'd like to be in a church where we know the regular attenders/members and can get plugged in a little more. They do have a bunch of small group Bible studies, etc. so maybe if we try those out...?? We'll see. Dorian and I have decided to give it another try next Sunday when they don't have to put on the Easter cherade. Maybe the congregation is smaller than we think.

The message was on John 3:16, which at first I was thinking was rediculously redundant, but then the pastor began to show us how it related to Easter. In fact, he showed us how it kinda was what Easter was all about...just summarized and very quickly. My favorite part of the message (call me immature still) was the part where the pastor compared salvation to the "nuralizer" from "Men in Black" and we watched the video clip. (God erases the horrible person we were and re-invents our personas). There was also a neat dramatization, so I guess that they have a drama team as well. The music was mostly familiar--a good blend of upbeat contemprary ones, and an upbeat hymn, (I think the one they revitalized was "It is Well With My Soul"). I wish my parents could have heard the new ones...maybe they already have, but of course, who knows.

Bella got a pretty Easter decoration along with all the other babies in the nursery. I can't wait until she's old enough to color and decorate her own things in Sunday School.

Anyway, we shall return next Sunday, and hopefully either get plugged in more, or decide that it's not for us. We'd like to grow with a church, not just become members of an already large congregation.

I've had a nasty cold (and Bella too) the past week. Yesterday was very interesting....for two reasons.

1. I had my first car accident. Yes, I almost cried.

* I was driving in the parking lot at school and turning left. I couldn't right away see around the bend, and there was another car going at a good rate of speed up to the stop sign. The space is small, and all the spots were filled. Anyway, she barely touched my car (inflicting no damage), but as an effort to get out of her way I moved more to the right, scraping the front right headlight corner against a truck trailer that was parked and sticking out into the road a little. There was more damage to my car, because the front headlight area has a little dent and scratch, but the main thing is that the blinker flickers faster when you turn right now. If it were my car, I'd think it was kinda funny, but since it's not, I feel terrible. I got some paint on the back right bumper of the truck that I hit, so I left a note on the window with my name and number. I'm hopeing they don't call....=(

2. My pen decided to explode in class. This is probably the 2nd or third time this has happened in my life. I had black ink all over my right hand, and had to ask a classmate to borrow one of his pens.

3. Bella was especially cranky due to her cold yesterday, so when I got back home, it didn't take but a couple of hours before I had a major headache.

Needless to say...I had a bad day yesterday...lol.

Hopefully today will be better. It's only 6:30am...so I have a long way to go! Haha.

No comments: